View Single Post
Old 04-05-20, 09:44 AM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetguy06 View Post
Hey guys. I started a career in December of '41, and am now just after Dec 7, '42. A year of sailing and sinking in ships in game, and I just had a patrol with ~24,000 tons of shipping sunk.

I came home to Brisbane, but the game crashed when entering port. No problem... I've read about this, and experienced it myself, so I saved far outside the port for just such an occasion. I tried about four or five different times to enter Brisbane to end my patrol, but the game would crash before the anchor icon would come up.

Now, all of a sudden, that save game file won't load at all. I get the message: No Mission, Too Difficult... you know... the loading screen... then BAM, back to desktop.

Ok, so that file is done for, but I have plenty of good save files from this patrol. I never overwrite saves, and all the previous ones had loaded with no problems in the past. But now, ALL of them cause a CTD when I try to load them.

What is going on? This is infuriating!

My mods list, in order of activation:

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRD_TMO_V502
RSRD_V5xx_Patch1
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC for 8.5 to 4.8 Aspect Ratio RSRDCv502
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC_OTC
3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1360x)
Bigger Better Protractors

Again, I never overwrite my saves, and they were working fine until this recent one went all psycho on me. Please help!

Thanks!
well, jetguy, you seem to have hit the high points so i'll ask some subtle questions:
  1. did you make any changes to the mods during your latest mission, like in between saves? this is a no-no. if you did make changes between missions, then you need to restart your mission.
  2. are you using LAA (Large Address Aware)? if not, then install it, activate it according to the directions, reboot, and try to reload your mission. SH4 uses a lot of memory and your modset only increases the load. LAA allows SH4 to use more of your available memory. when you install it you can read the documentation for more details.
    if you have installed LAA, try rebooting. Windows does not always properly release memory so your system may have fragmented RAM with all of the CTD's-reload attempts. rebooting will give you a fresh slate.

i'll look at my old notes to see what else i have done in the past when i encountered the same thing.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote