View Single Post
Old 10-13-13, 01:46 PM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by plj View Post
The last part is about the destructability of the sub. I stumbled upon another sub in the Kiel canal ... could not resist and fired a few shots at it ... which it laughed at.

I'm not entirely sure, but wouldnt a direct HE hit on a conning tower end the subs life then and there ? Or on the waterline front of the sub .. that would destroy the torpedo's .. and the sub with them ..

Yet, 5 HE shells and 4 AP shells later, I decide to fire a freaking torpedo at it, since it wont go down ... impact, and then it slowly starts sinking.

This seems a little unrealistic to me .. I'd expect it to go down a lot faster tbh ?
Yes, an 88mm HE shell fired straight at a submarine should cause severe damage to it. At present, neither R.S.D. nor Reworked U-boat Guns deal with round damage settings, and they don't affect at all AI submarines' dmage models (IIRC neithe FXU touches them: they are still stock). In other words, if you played stock game, you would get similar or identical results to the ones you have just reported.

As stated by Vecko, SH5 units and ordnance damage is something that should be addressed globally. Such a general rebalance would be a huge task, but at some point someone should undertake it
gap is offline   Reply With Quote