View Single Post
Old 03-14-21, 06:18 PM   #10
Halogen
A-ganger

Downloads: 285
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ok, then install location is not an issue then.

As for the rest...

Applying either the 4GB patch or the Large address Aware, will assign SH3 4 Gigs of RAM. As stated, Large Address Aware, to Me, is the simplest to do. Just 3 steps & done. Step 1, browse to the SH3.exe's location in LAA. Step 2, check mark to assign it more than 2 GB's or Ram, done. Step 3., click accept or OK & done... Couldn't be any easier. So easy, a cave man could do it...

Ensuring your SH3.exe is NOT read only enabled, is a simple matter of right clicking on it, selecting 'properties' from the pop up menu. In that menu box, on the main page, under the 'General' tab of that menu look for Read Only.. there is a box by it. Make sure THAT box, is NOT checked... if it is, uncheck it & then click accept. Done. While in 'Properties', go into 'Compatibility' tab... & check that 'Run as Admin', is checked. if not, then check it & click accept... Done.

These steps should resolve the issues you're facing.

If not, then it sounds like you may need to do a complete uninstall & reinstall
as either you failed to do the taking the SH3.exe off of read only, BEFORE you ran the auto installed for LSH3 or something went wrong with LSH3 installing.

Have LSH3 & am able to run it, without any issues... whatsoever.

That's the only thing I can see of...

Hope this info helps.

M. M.

I did all of those things and it helped SOME of the mods actually work, but I guess some just dont work with LSH3 which is sad, but thanks for the help!
Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote