View Single Post
Old 11-04-20, 11:28 PM   #2147
FotRSU Mod Team
Team Leader

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Strange that I was offered a Tench before they should be available.
The game, stock or modded, is famous for this - you just earned too many points too fast!
Also that I wasn't sent to Pearl. Still at Midway.

I tried transferring - no transfer possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
No, I meant I can't transfer from Midway to Pearl.
"It's a Catch-ah 22-ah" You can't get the boat unless you're at Pearl. You can't go to Pearl unless you have the boat...
I do have a save from just before entering port. But I thought that if I refuse the upgrade, it won't be offered again.
No worries. It will be offered again.
As KaleunMarco says, the boat "upgrades" are based upon points, as are the conning towers. Earn enough points, and you might go up 2 or 3 levels in boat upgrades, if something is available. The game will first offer you a new boat. If a new boat is not available, but a conning tower upgrade is, it will ask you about a new conn. If you refuse either, you just delay the possibility for another patrol. Generally, if you have another good patrol, you will be asked again after the next patrol, but generally, you will be asked again within 3 patrols. The problem seems to come in when a new boat is "earned", but there isn't one available by date, and you already have an updated conning tower. The game will then reach for the next submarine and give you that, sometimes several months earlier than its "active" time period. The Balao is eventually available at all bases. The Tench is only available at Pearl Harbor. We will change that in the next release, but Pearl will still be first. Like the guns, we might have to add all of the boats to all of the bases, so that no one CTDs when they are given a boat that is not available at the base they are at. One of the other fleetboats is like that from TMO. We'll hunt it down, and add more for the Tench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
well was hoping to download your mod give it another try but i cant get it to downloa for me but best of luck on this mod
Just double-checked the ftp server and the SubSim link les green01. All function as intended, and started downloading for me. Let me know what it does please, if you try it again. Thanks