View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 04:58 PM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWaterGamer View Post
I have finally posted my mod that will stop the annoying and unrealistic "Target destroyed!" text and it's audio file, so, that way, if the ship doesn't get cut in half, and sinks by the
BOW or the AFT, you can chose to put one more fish in it or not. Also, if the
ship is destroyed, you will see it appear in the captain's log. This mod will also
change the "GAME OVER" text when you die to "BOAT LOST".

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5482

I am now working on an update to this mod that should make the chart info boxes blank (except for SOME of your subs data). I have almost managed so I know it is possible so it's just a question of time now.

Enjoy! and Happy Hunting!

Steve

Very nice that you take the time to mod one of my favorite sims, I appreciate a lot. While the 'target destroyed' message will not disturb me too much, what I (and a lot of SH1 fans) really would love to see in the game is a much more sporadic appearance of enemy icons on the map. At default, these icons are too often updated and right almost 100% which makes it too easy to intercept convoys or warship groups, and very easy to take a position full ahead (which is ideal). This takes much of the suspense out of this wonderful sim.

Because there are no plotting tools in the game, it's important that at least these enemy icons get more 'unprecise' to balance the gameplay to something really interesting IMO.

I know it's very difficult to mod things, and I could ask too much here - for which I excuse me in advance, but if you could take a look at that, this would be very fine

Best greetings!
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-02-19 at 05:08 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote