View Single Post
Old 09-28-07, 11:07 AM   #155
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
congratulations on your new matrimonial status!

trouble is with this situation is that i didn't come here to prove anything..just to have a bit of a natter about modding SOF....it's the way you allways get forced into some sort of ego battle with some one else that baffles me..i enjoy the game i enjoy modding...i enjoy talking about both....but you just can't do it anymore...it scares the piss out of people..it has to be "ego trip stuff" and nothing else...i'm too old to be an "ego trip junkie" ...and often it succesfully hides behind the skirts of forum etiquette..really there isn't an effective way to deal with it that doesn't at the same time ruin the pleasure of discussion out right ,forcing you inexorably into the "ego battle".(we all have one after all..) you have to "win" or "lose".there can be no nattering about what you enjoy if what you are talking about threatens some one else's "area of expertise or percieved forum status"..the spin doctors have won the day again..

i suppose it could be said "if you can't beat them..join them..." but.. balls to that ..don't want to join that particular club..

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 09-28-07 at 11:19 AM.
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote