View Single Post
Old 07-17-14, 08:44 PM   #90
suitednate
Planesman

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

I actually tried editing the UZO.tga file in Corel paint shop but I am far from experienced in terms of doing this effectively. After dabbling around a little bit with this free trial of Corel paint shop, I was actually able to change the bright white portions on the right to a red color and also then changed the surrounding too bright gray metallic textures to a darker gray. It seemed like I had my wishes fulfilled, but when testing in game, this whitish glow appeared around the edge of the lense field of view. Also all of these what appeared to be lense scratches appeared in the field of view as well. None of these are in the original Conus UZO. It's probable this is because I didn't use the program's tools nearly as effectively as an experience modder would.

Any experienced modders out there that might want to help make this UZO more useful for night attacks ?? The surrounding area is just so bright. And it's not like the Germans had light sources on the bridge when conducting night surface attacks.

PS. I truly love this widescreen mod and am not trying to denigrate in any way the extremely hard work of the individual who brought this masterpiece to us.
suitednate is offline   Reply With Quote