Old 09-20-11, 01:54 PM   #96
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham85 View Post
What can I say?

My first Silent Hunter was the 3. And I was so dig in, the game was so intense, the perspective of a naval game with so much detail and history was great at the time, the perspective of a new view on the second world war games is the greatest appeal of Silent Hunter titles. And for years, even now, with all the mods and stuff that refine SH3 to may taste, I'm still have a crush to this old, and great, sea wolf.

But, let's face it: the game is dated. SH3 has got the limits, there isn't the step further because the next step is SH4.

I'll play U-boat HAHD on SH3 or 4, even 5 - if you're nuts enough for that, because 5 is eye candy, but has only type 7 and it isn't a simulator - but, in my opinion, the efforts should aim in SH4. The game has, in my understanding, a better support, more resources e more ground to further developments then SH3.
Hi mate,

Indeed Sh3 will still be a classic in my book but if we can port our work to SH4 later on we will have more room for improvement.

I would be the first surprised if anytime in the future they can modify SH5 to play like SH3, the way the game structure is made now is so different that i seriously doubt they can make it even a closer bit to SH3.

I don't understand the game studio mentality these recent years, when you have a winning formula why not simply upgrade the whole thing to the most recent graphic technology and you please your most loyal customer instead of trying to reach out all teenagers that are wasting their time on WOW.

SH3 only need recent shader technology and a couple of FX to be the unbeatable king of the hill for eon to come.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote