View Single Post
Old 05-03-19, 05:20 PM   #12094
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
Been playing WOS quite a bit lately so I have a few questions please....

1. You can press one of the F keys for silent running (F7 I think) but you can also ask the first officer to activate his silent running. Then there is the “Z” key. Is there a difference?

2. Same with “Battle Stations”. Press F8 and/or watch officer “battle stations (Level 2?)”. Is there a difference and can anyone tell me really what these do? I know it says the crew is more efficient but can we be more specific than that?

3. This one bothers me. I’m north of England on an overcast night. Light fog, wind speed 15 m/s. I go to the bridge and (dammit) there is a 2900 ton English coal ship in plain sight maybe 3 to 4 Km away!!! Watch officer sees nothing despite his level 2 spotting skills (out of 3). It is plain as day even with out binoculars but I give the game the benefit of the doubt because of the (really not that bad) weather and I approach the enemy ship to see exactly when my bridge crew and watch officer will spot it. I closed to about 500 meters and no one ever said anything. It was huge and plain as day. Asked the watch officer if there were any visual targets and he said none. We are talking light fog here. Does something need adjusting?

Thank you to anyone who responds to these questions.

Your 2):
According to my recent tests, the 2 Battlestation commands do nothing except: the one from the WO icon will re-orientate the deck gun correctly when the crew leaves the gun station, this command needs to be activated before sending men to deck gun and deactivated before men leave deck gun.
Else, I see nothing, but maybe Veko can put a light on this...I'm curious too

Your 1):
The Z key comes with the Stormy's DBSM mod, it's not part of WoS I think. I had good reason to use this mod without the new keyboard commands (there is a sticky guide for that), but I can't remember the reason exactly.

Your 3):
Very strange, I feel that my crew always spots everything without ME seeing it
Crew will not in repetition signal the contacts, except the sonarman if ordered (one of the white icons). Maybe you can order WO to do that, but I don't know. But go look in the message history, you should see an entry when your contact was spotted the first time. Maybe the message sound of the WO didnt' play? Here also it depends if you have mods installed that are not compatible with WoS, and it should be the Stormy's DBSM mod also mentioned in your 1) point. Go look here to install this mod without keyboard commands and compatible with TWoS:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1005

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-03-19 at 05:39 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote