View Single Post
Old 01-29-21, 04:11 PM   #2658
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Zoom level is the determining factor. Stock and all the other mods have the same thing. You might initially get a single hit on radar, that will display as a "box" on the NavMap, even when zoomed-in, but once the 'pips' are discernable as separate objects, they will spit into their "parts" if you are at the correct zoom level. CapnScurvy did adjust the radar, so it is possibly more inclinced to do that in FotRSU, but the visual and sonar do not. Most of the time, the NavMap will display the "center" of a Task Force, when you are zoomed out. Then, if like me the other day, I zoomed way in, and was too close to notice that the grouping had split into its related parts
maybe i didn't explain the situation properly.

on the Nav Map, Task Forces, Large Convoys, Small Convoys, and Single Ships appear periodically. Some are quite a distance off and not within sensor range. The Single ship icons are actually labeled as Single Ships when you click on them in the Nav Map. however, when they get within sensor range, they spawn into a "group" of ships between 2 and maybe 4 or 5 ships of various types.

if you tell me that it is a native-SH4-thing, i believe you, but i have never seen that behaviour previously.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote