View Single Post
Old 12-12-19, 07:32 AM   #203
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default CTDs after a G4W Betty attack

I've experienced 3 CTDs after aircraft attacks in 3 different subs, in 3 vastly different patrol areas, from December 1941 through May 1943 and the only common factor is its with a Japanese Betty aircraft, all 3 times.

Aircraft (verified as a Betty) approaches as it is seen on air radar. Symbol turns red when it comes into visual distance. It makes a sweeping turn away as if leaving and then circles back to make a bee line for the sub. I crashed dive when I saw it circle back. Then watched it on magnified exterior view as it flew at low level toward the diving sub. Once it flew over and apparently gave up, I watched it fly off into the distance with the magnified external view. When it got far away, maybe out of visual contact, the game crashed. Note: previously, I've watched the aircraft fly away on the Nav Map and then game crashes.

All three CTDs were with a Betty as it flew away off into the distance. This is the only common factor. I've waited quite awhile for this third crash before making a post. I've made it a point to try to be seen by enemy aircraft to duplicate this scenario; no other enemy plane seems to make the game crash. I also make it a point to save game frequently!

I hope this is helpful.