View Single Post
Old 12-29-13, 05:13 PM   #911
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
So Gap, when do we start to entering data from your spreadsheet into gunsradars.sim file? Next year?

Your document contains little fortune of data, it would be really shame not to use it .
I agree: wasting all the work done so far (not only by me: also Volodya, keysersoze and several other subsim members have given a decisive contribution to this project), would be a shame.

Putting this mod in stand-by was not in vain though. In the meanwhile I have learned a lot about SH5. Most notably, with your help, I have got an insight of the u-boat equipment/upgrade settings and I have a better knowledge of the parameters affecting guns' accuracy and fire rates of fire, not to mention the damage system modelled in game. This experience will be precious for the continuing of this project

There are still some unsolved problems though. As you know, just entering historical specs in game is not enough for getting SH5 gunners to behave as expected. I am especially concerned about practical rates of fire and hit rates. In WWII warfare, the above factors varied heavily depending on a number of other factors, including crew training, fatigue, and sea state. Sure enough, destibilizing SH5 guns is an hard task, as elevation/training rates and gyro stabilization rates are strictly connected, if not identical.

This is to say that the completion of the present mod will require a lot of beta testing and fine-tuning. If you are ready to undertake at least part of this work, I will be side-by-side with you, that is sure
gap is offline   Reply With Quote