View Single Post
Old 11-22-19, 06:57 PM   #8151
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
First thing I would do as Trumps VP is tell Germany that they don't get their aid unless they force you do something productive.
And I hope you would get the appropriate reply. German business in the uS creates and maintains almost 700 thousand jobs (4th rank amongst foreign investors in the US). 40% of these are in industrial priorucftion, givj g Germany 2nd rank in thsi category. Financial investments in the US economy is beyond 400 billion (4th rank). 5300 companies in the US would not survive without german investors (again 4th rank). Germany is 6th largest export target for the US.

Tax wins for the US state due to German investments is accordingly.

I agree on the military and defence budget problem, Germany's policy here is undefendable and lousy. But the ties between nations go beyond just the military dimension. BTW, it was the target of US polic after WWII to turn the germnan into the militarily impotent dwarfes that they now are. As the saying oes: NATO was founded to keep the Sovjets out, the US in, and the Germans down.

Its not that simplistic and one-sided and easy as the lil' boy always paints it so that his small mind can handle the bits and bytes of the situation. His remarks on how baldy the German eocnomy abuses the US, are running jokes over here. Some commentor wanted to hang them up on display in a museum for surrealistic art.