jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon9

[QUOTE=jldjs;2637490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As fitzcarraldo suggests, be sure you are set-up and configured correctly, but just to let you know, I did find more issues with some DDs' zon files. Use of an impact pistol results in a 'normal' explosion. Use of the magnetic going under the keel does not. This is frustrating, since the zon files have not been changed. The dat files have not been changed. We have not changed the Zones.cfg either, but something seems to have "broken" some of the links between the zon and dat files of some of these ships. If I can get my isp to cooperate today, I will try to upload a video that demonstrates what happens, and see if others have noticed this. The player's boat, near as I can tell, does not cause a CTD when shooting at and targeting the DDs, but it is strange that we have not noticed this issue before...

Which version of Windows are you using there barryww? Also, what are you using to extract the 7zip archive? Have you tried 7Zip? When downloading a file, be sure you have deleted the old file firstl, so that you get a completely new downloaded file. As bad as UPlay has been to SH5 and TWoS, it should not interfere with a successful file extraction, no matter where it is. A little side note, is that you should not have your game folder directly off of the 'root' of a hard drive, just in case there is an issue such as this, but rather you should have something like "C:\Games \SH4 \MODS..." That way, if there is an issue with folder structure in a mod, it doesn't pollute the root of the hard drive, especially your boot drive... Also, be sure your extraction program is not pointing the files there, and that you are using the "Extract here" while in the MODS folder. [/QUOTE

PB, I am using the magnetic, but I'll replay and set torps for contact and let you know. As I wrote, I've played over a dozen patrols, all from Midway prior to this one mission, all ran beautifully. The install on Win 10 went without a hiccup following the Capn's instructions.
Hit the Asashio with contact, impact pistol set 5' depth and it CTD again