View Single Post
Old 11-21-19, 10:47 AM   #112
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
1. There is a typo on the map used for the Solomon Campaign narrative I got when completing a patrol out of Midway on 11/13/1942. The map shows "The Spot" WNW of Savo Island; I'm betting that should read "The Slot"...
A first attempt, but I need to "feather" the edge a bit, and get a better color match, which the color shifts on the render, which is very frustrating... looks fine in the project, but not after the render... We'll get closer each try (I hope)

... check from about the 1:40 mark on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I reloaded a Save Game from when I was in port on November 13, prior to starting the next mission. Here are pics of my GAR Class boat on Game Day December 14, 1942 direct out of Midway at start of Patrol #7. Note there is no rotating antenna, the scope will not activate no matter how I get to the Radar station ("J" or Button on Command line) and with the "CTL+T" activated. Nothing. Nada.

EDIT: I can't get the pictures to upload. You'll have to take my word for it that the radar screen is definitely "off" and will not activate, CTL+T key or no, nor from the Radar station itself. There is no rotating antenna on the conning tower. There is a "fixed" air search antenna, but it might be stopped because I had to use TC to get to daylight for a decent picture. When I checked it immediately after the mission loaded at sea, I could not detect any movement of the antenna then either.
I'm not sure if the SD ever rotated, but I am thinking that it did. I'll try to look into that also. If you have an antenna, the SJ should be functional... - I have not found the time to do a career test yet.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote