View Single Post
Old 05-02-18, 12:52 PM   #28
BinMinnie
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Newbie, with Lagging? issues

Hi All

I’ve been attempting to poke around with a couple of the training missions, my issue is with my keyboard and mouse control lag times in relation to the 3d under water view, and sometimes giving commands via mouse click.

When I use my right click and hold to pan around my sub its almost like its receiving double input, it doesn’t move initially then seem so move twice a far as I’d like.

An example would be looking bow on, panning to the right, it almost jumps to 3/4 stern view. I’ve got to barely move my mouse to get to a 90 deg view of my sub. the same goes for using the keyboard, clicking once on the right arrow key brings me to 3/4 stern view.

The same issue happens when panning around weapons or aircraft or even targets or ships and occurs also during zooming, where ether I’m too close or a 1/2 mile back away with one turn(mouse) or click on the - key.

In watching online videos I’ve seen what looks to be very smooth scrolling, which allows for better spatial awareness and or torpedo evasion. currently I’m unable to really do much of that due to the jumping around of the views.

I have played the camera sensitivity control as well as turning off video features to see if that helps and if anything the sensitivity option just makes me scroll farther for the same jumpiness.

I did attempt to edit the steam settings which did help a little, I would love to play without any connection to steam but as of now I don’t see a way to do that.

I have a 2gb Video card with a I7 desktop from a couple years back with 16GB RAM and I have little trouble with most of the other games I’m playing.

Any help would be appreciated in resolving this issue, the lag currently makes the sim almost unplayable, but I'll bet I’m missing something simple or an obvious setting of some type.

Thanks

BinMinnie
BinMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote