View Single Post
Old 05-08-19, 06:48 AM   #2
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I still use XP since 95% of my software only works on XP 32 bit however Firefox ESR no longer supports XP, it is getting slow and things like Google maps lock up, most video's don't work either.
I was thinking of installing either Maxthon or Midori, any advice offered appreciated.
Thanks.

Edit: Just checked and seems that both of these no longer support Windows XP, shame.

Hey Reece. There are other browsers that will work with Windows XP. I still have a Windows XP setup that I haven't used in a while. I know Eichornchen also still has an XP unit or two that he uses so he may have some insight as well.

UR Browser, K-Meleon, Midori, Pale Moon or Maxthon are decent browsers that you can use. Opening video's should be a a snap as well. The best thing about these browsers is that they don't eat a lot in the way of resources / memory.This is great for old systems which don't have a lot of resources to spare. Most of these browsers will also block adware which can slow down an older computer. 2 of the browsers you mentioned are in the list, also with a description of the pluses and minuses.

UR Browser can auto automatically encrypt your connections via VPN. K-melon is a mozilla browser if you fancy that. I have included the link with descriptions of various applications.

https://windowsreport.com/browsers-old-computer/

If you have any problems finding them for download, let me know.

Good luck and all the best.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote