View Single Post
Old 03-22-19, 10:05 AM   #9
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummi View Post
Did some testing now when I got home to computer for some testing.
Speed Testing: All testing was in Full speed diesel engine:
  • Negative tank Empty, F/A Ballast tank Full/Empty: 15,25Kn
  • Negative tank Empty, F/A Ballast tank Full/Full: 12,95Kn
I don't quite understand what ballast tank is empty and what is full in these situations. In these lines, is the forward tank always full and the aft ballast tank empty and then full? Or in what other arrangement am I supposed to understand "Full/Empty".

Quote:
Next test I did what time it took to dive with different settings. time started at switching to electric engiene, diveplane preset down
Workorder:
  • Diesel Full speed / Electric full speed / Toutching Negative (emty at start) / Open Ballast
    13m -114s / 30m -130s / 50m -173s
What do you mean with "toutching"? Almost empty negative tank?

p.s. Played the game for the first time yesterday. Focusing mostly on depth control and helm while somebody ([CBS]_King or something like that) was on the TDC/AP attacking convoy elements . It was hard to maintain depth while diverting attention to other tasks. But that is why it is supposed to be teamplay. As such I don't have feel yet for how strong the effect of the negative tank is. You can easily undershoot periscope depth. But empty negative tank clearly takes longer. And when blowing negative tank too early you may not submerge at all any time soon. Anyway, so far the learning curve for this small fish in the bilge water.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote