Thread: Cyberpunk 2077
View Single Post
Old 12-26-20, 07:12 PM   #8
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

the deus ex comparisons are apt. this was one of those cases where i was glad not to be sucked into the hype despite cdpr's reputation. many people thought they could do no wrong and would create the next evolution of open world games. while the world and world building is ambitious, the open world mechanics especially as related to ai, police response, are quite primitive compared to even gta 4. there's noticeably cut and altered content, which again fuels the disappointment of people expecting those features. where the game shines is on the story and the bespoke side quests. the peralez story arc is a good example how well such content could be done. the deux ex parallels come in via how many ways you can access a location or manipulate characters. climbing building and accessing roof vents definitely gave me deux ex deja vu i almost feel like they could have made a more story driven game, at the same time, i agree that it would be a waste of such an ambition environment. the scope and detail of the world is something different. i hope they revamp the npc/criminal/police ai and add flesh out all the available content. i think it could make it feel like a different game.
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote