Old 10-28-20, 10:19 AM   #2075
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
<snip>

I don't really follow your comments Gray Lensman of "... somewhat overwhelmed with 'Ship sighted' dialog boxes ..." and "... it seems to prevent the 'ship sighted' dialog box popups/input ..." I take it then that you close the dialog box between "crew warnings" etc?... Your crew will report "Ship Sighted ..." until all ships have been reported. If you are using high levels of Time Compression, it might take the que a few to "empty" if you will, as the game "catches up" from the TC. If you are getting a lot of those reports, and there are no ships, or just a few, and you continue to get that message, then something is not right in the configuration, either from the install, or the Save. Are you getting just a lot of such messages, or do you get multiple text boxes displaying the message? Is there surrounding traffic to justify the number of reports? Also, you have to go below Periscope Depth to prevent "communication" with the surface in this game.

I'm saying I was overwhelmed with a multitude of "ship sighted" dialog boxes when there were 4 ships to sight. Time compression was at 1 (one) since this occurred right as I loaded the save. If I managed to do something that stalled the amount of "ship sighted" dialog boxes for a bit as the save finished its initial loading, the sonar mouse issue did not manifest itself.

Quote:
Again, just re-iterating, but do NOT shell-out to Windows while playing the game. All sorts of different game aspects get out-of-whack when doing that, including odd behavior and graphics glitches. Window itself will interrupt the game sometimes, so if using it, and even Windows 8, you sometimes have to pre-empt the OS prior to playing the game, by checking for Windows Updates and the like prior to playing, to minimize Windows interruptions.
Now, that is a possibility, but I've been playing this game off and on for over 7 years now and I've been shelling out occasionally for all the time I've been playing and NEVER had this type of corruption before.

Quote:
We are also now recommending to not add any mods to the FotRSU activation, including ones in the Extras folder, until after we look further (again) into all of them - including the seemingly "simple" ones. Once a mod package is "set" and a person starts playing the game, the mod list should not be changed. If it is changed, a new career should be started. So if you are playing a career now, do not change the mod list at this time, unless you have issues.
I'm gonna try a fresh install using only your recommendation with one caveat, more duds. Playing FOTRS Ultimate without more duds at the start of the war is like playing an arcade shooter version of Silent Service with just some colorful graphics to make it look prettier.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote