View Single Post
Old 06-04-11, 12:37 AM   #14
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi dyshman,

Quote:
of course, all submarines will be playable. i'm mantain good relations with SOM group, which created Battle for the Baltic mod, Dagon had learned me how to make 3d models and make them playable
Excellent . You can bet that I'd love to have all those sub classes in the Mediterranean campaign then. With those three, the U-Class by Dagon and the T-Class that Keltos is reworking from the JU_88 model, the only important British class missing in SH4 will be the S-class boat.

Quote:
i have only questions about campaign of your mod: can we add campaign layers from OM, for example? readme file says that this is not historical campaign, i would like to add it to the Med campaign, of course, we need permission to do it.
On my side there is no problem. You can take the campaign and tweak it and twist it as you please. My intention has always been to spark enough interest to lure the real good modders into this. I'm just an amateur here.

One thing about OM layers: they are included in WDAD, as lurker_hlb3 had planned to expand the mod with Atlantic and Mediterranean campaigns, but the ones for the Mediterranean (the only part I checked) start only when the U-boote went there at the end of 1941. There is nothing before that date.

Also, the Axis side of things was probably added just to give some flavour to the German campaign, and didn't look as historical as, for example, the British convoys and naval operations. Not surprising, as until now there were no other Italian warships for SH4 than the Soldatis, and also because in a campaign what you really need well done is enemy traffic, not friendly. I've done something similar now, minimizing the Allied units and traffic.