View Single Post
Old 02-17-19, 11:07 AM   #7522
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
The sea state makes the difference in locking a target...….from any sub. If the wind has picked up (causing the sea to become rough) not only will the sea sometimes wash over the scope, but you'll lose the target lock. There are four different "sea states" within the game...all based on the wind. Calm has zero wind speed; 5mph picks it up a notch; 10mph the third step; 15mph you're in a heavy storm.

To keep the boat scopes high enough to not be awash, raise the boat off of it's "suggested" Periscope Depth. Yes, I said "suggested" PD! When the sea's are calm, PD will usually provide good coverage of the working scopes; Radar Depth will be fairly good for the radar sensors.....HOWEVER, don't expect to NOT adjust your depth as the environment changes. Whether it's the viewable scopes, or the Radar Antennas using the set Radar Depth depth...…..you have to be aware of the sea state, and fine tune the subs depth to make it work as expected. No single "push button" depth will cover the changing environment...….change it on your own as a real sub crew had to!

The next release should change that!
I understand your purpoise here and agree.

What i was trying to say, is in TMO or Ralles, with flat calm sea i can lock target with periscope not fully raised (low on sea level so not to be detected). Without changing my sub periscope depth.
In FOTRSU i can’t. It has to be fully raised.
I find it kind of strange.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote