View Single Post
Old 02-03-18, 11:46 PM   #5755
Soviet Creeper
Planesman

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Glad you like it Soviet Creeper. I've not experienced any sound issues myself lately. Did you change any of the game settings for sound? Also, it "sounds" (bad pun) like you are referring to your own 20mm gun's sound effect going up and down in volume rather abruptly? Were you at the gun emplacement yourself, or were you on the bridge, and hearing the change in level as the gun rotated? It's a 3D FX sound, so that might be an issue for us to look into...

Do you have the LAA enabled on the SH4.exe file? See CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install thread. He wrote it specifically for Win10, but it'll work all the way back to Vista 64-bit with slight instructions alterations...
So I went to go and reproduce the bug... And it's gone! The first couple patrols I did without LAA but then I remembered its a thing and I should go get it so I did. And now I'm blasting all my Narwal's guns with beautiful, consistent audio! So yeah I guess LAA is a lifesaver in more ways than one.

Appreciate the response though. For now I'm going to get back to lobbing torps and remembering diving a better option than fighting aircraft.