Thread: AOP2 Puzzel
View Single Post
Old 06-27-09, 06:13 AM   #13
Captain von Keldunk
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 21
Smuggling route

Hello I did not have a "Dutch trader license" but Dutch Privateer license as Peter Blood is english,
and England and Holland are at war. I got my license from pirate port diplomat.
hint
this is edited post of Zalioth in pirates ahoy.
Economy:
* Smuggling is all about routes and amounts... the higher the amount the more profitable is the risk... A good route is Curaçao (buy XXXXX) and XXXX (buy XXXX, although personally i don't even bother with this one...).
On Curaçao, get officers and buy as many bulky ships as you can, empty them of cannons, put minimum crew and some food and medicines, then load them all till the top of the mast with your goods. Get the deal done, then before going back to the sea, get back your sailors, food and medicines, get rid of the skippers in them and leave them to sink... Repeat.

In this route Curaçao - XXXXX (XXXXXX) I make around a few millions each time, because I move around a few thousands of XXXXX... (at xxxx trade, you buy it for xxx or so, and you sell it to the smugglers for xxx more or less ) The price of sinking ships is totally justified (each of these carriers costs around 50k, nothing compared to what you are going to make...). It's basic to have a fast ship to run away, because the government won't allow such huge operations plus, your reputation goes to hell quite fast... but, you wouldn't be smuggling if you were going to be a good boy right?
Run this route and you will be a millionare
I changed store buy/sell margin of 100& to 60% in my Bounty merchant mod V2 now you can play role of a honest captain, buy in one island and sell to another. with 100% margin it was simply impossibe. I have found a good route for honest trading starting from Curacao and using same trade item as for smuggling but to different island where it is legal to sell it to store. I play the role of a Dutch merchant
I have a good return cargo too. Paprika.

Last edited by Captain von Keldunk; 06-27-09 at 06:53 AM.
Captain von Keldunk is offline   Reply With Quote