Thread: Base Time 2018
View Single Post
Old 12-15-18, 12:38 PM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you have an nVidia card, the Steam link in Front Runner's post is the one to follow:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/23467...448/?l=turkish

You open the nVidia control panel and do what the guy has in his imgur picture. If you're like me, and have multiple installs of Silent Hunter for various mods, then it's best to use the "Add" and "Browse" buttons to be sure you are using the correct SH4.exe file. Only the two settings for "Vertical Sync (Adaptive - half refresh rate)" and "Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames (2)". The game does look a ~lot~ smoother on my quad-core with the 560. I have not done much other than play the game. I'll try to do my Single Mission from the Amazon River mouth towards Greenland at 1x TC all day today and night, and see what it does as far as the celestial cycles.

The laptop I have has Intel HD graphics, and does not have any control over the frame rate or buffering at all. I no longer have an ATI / AMD card installed in my computers (well, an AIW 9600XT in the XP box for vid cap), so I don't remember if there's any user-definable settings for 3D or not... profiles maybe, for individual games??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote