View Single Post
Old 07-20-22, 09:12 AM   #1513
CapitainEA
Seaman

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Sorry for the wall of text, but it is a rather complex subject.
Don't apologize, you seem so passionate and competent in your field that I really feel that you will solve my problem that it is a pleasure to read you

Quote:
Anyway, on a 'modern' computer with a digital display, the use of sync lock in the game generally will cause issues with the display of the water, and can turn it into a sea of "jello". Really odd looking. On the old analog displays, it did help with keeping the "clocks" of the game in sync with each other. The game is written to attempt to display a 30fps video stream (and it still runs best at), which most user computers at the time did not quite attain. The DirectX v9.0c supplies the library files that the game uses, and the "timer" function, as well as the "random number generator" used by the game come from that DirectX v9 dll set, hence you definitely need to install the DirectX v9.0c and its codecs, else the game will not run in the 3D environment. Doing the DirectX v9 install does not overwrite anything on the computer - Windows will not let it. However, it does add some files to the Windows install setup that the game then calls on. Any older game that ran on DirectX v9 needs the files.
Thank you again for this idea .

Is there a tutorial to properly install DirectX 9.0c with SH4?

Where should I install DirectX 9.0c? In x64 or x86?

Should I install certain DirectX files or subfiles directly into the game data?

And which ones should I install, because there are so many

Should I install only the June 2010 ones or the others are important too?

Quote:
If you still have little niggly issues, post back with your JSGME active mod list.
Where can I find this list?

Another problem example of my situation: here I am in SCAPA FLOW, there is just an enemy destroyer patrolling. And I am unable to launch a backup with the “Texture Quality High” option selected....

Cordially

Captain_PUJOL

Last edited by CapitainEA; 07-20-22 at 09:32 AM.
CapitainEA is offline   Reply With Quote