Old 07-19-22, 12:02 PM   #1510
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
actually, the effect i was seeking was the decision to end the career in the Black Sea as it actually played out in RL. and i accomplished that. it took a while and i burned some brain cells finding the path.

because of the Ubi design, there is an alternate path to career end and THAT logic has escaped me. i still do not understand why it transferred me to Lorient and not somewhere else. i am still thinking on that.

and then, last and certainly not least, there is the mission-end date of 8/26/44 and the next mission beginning on 8/25/44. THAT just blows my mind. because 8/25/44 is a decision-date within Flotillas (and other files) i may return to my save file and tool around for a day or so and then return to base. although as soon i type that i realize that my home base expires on 8/25/44 and if i delay i have no home base to return to.

maybe THAT is the bug. because i returned to base on 8/25/44 and Ubi automagically bumps the date by one before you are shown the home port screen, making the date 8/26/44, but the home base expires 8/25/44, so they backdated the next mission to get one out of home base before it expires? how could anyone code with illogic as messed up as that?

this mess drives me nuts.
On the insanity that Ubi created, with some of their bone headed ideas, as well as coding... we can both agree on.

Heck, I say that we can all agree on that...

Any way, hope that idea I had may be found useful elsewhere... perhaps...

M. M.