Old 03-21-20, 05:50 PM   #91
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
^^^^No problem mate, you are welcome!

Just back home from this March 1940 patrol, and it was...well the hardest I’ve ever played in a silent hunter serie
An unexpected experience quite interesting but also very frustrating.
Due to plane cover around Great Britain, had to dive numerous times, often loosing my incomings targets.
As soon as spotted by any plane, all available weapons around are searching for me. Not to say some convoys seemed planes protected also...
It’s never one plane attack, but can be up to 7!
Was damaged by planes depth charges once, but hopefully not that bad.
I even decided to skip my patrol area assigned for very first time, due to the intense ennemy activity
Better closely manage your oxygen and batterie level in Ccom12
Yep, I concure ... the closer you get to England, the more airplanes there are. They also, reach as far as the western entrance to the Skagerrak but become more scarces, the further you are from England.

However, once you have been sighted by enemy aircraft or surface vessels, it seems the aircover increases as well, which seems pretty realistic, because now, there is a hunt on for your boat.

Also, when you travel with time compression, it also seems like, that there are more airplanes, than there actually are, because the airplane sightings are closer together.