View Single Post
Old 09-27-19, 02:56 PM   #432
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Found a bug You might be aware of this, but in case you aren't: there's a problem with 3D model linked to DMG_col_ node of at least several imported ships. I noticed this while playing around with Schute_M1, and it is also present in Schute_M2 and I suspect some other ships as well.

This is Schute_M1 - highlighted part is the main node (hull) that has been linked to DMG_col_node as damage model:

Because 3D model of the hull doesn't cover funnel, main bridge, boat and masts, you can shoot right through them like they aren't there. There is no way to deal damage to these parts unless their damage boxes overlap with hull 3D model and you happen to shoot at the overlapping part. You can test this easily - move funnel's damage box down until it overlaps with the cabin and then try shooting at the base of the funnel - you will be able to shoot it off.

The obvious solution would be to export all parts of the ship, make one object out of them in 3D application and link that model to DMG_col_ node. I'll try that with Schute_M1 this weekend and report how it went.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote