View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 01:03 PM   #22
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I made lo mein today and thought about your stir fry. I use a home made stir fry sauce I will share.

1 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup of fish sauce, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (dry sherry works too), 1/4 cup of corn starch, 1 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsp of sesame oil, and last but least 1 or 2 tsp of ground white pepper. It I've kept it 2 weeks in refrigerator. But I love stir fry and I normally use all of it much sooner.

Shake well before use because the corn starch is key. It helps the sauce cling to the food rather than draining to the bottom of the pan and also gives it a nice glossy appetizing look.
Thats pretty much like how I do it often. I use Chinese oyster sauce instead of fish sauce. Ketjap Manis (that is ordinary soy sauce with a strong sweetness added, Sherry (replacing plum wine which is not as easy to be found and makes no too big difference anyway), more sugar, chilli powder, stark, roasted sesam oil (roasted it must be, but it is to b added afetr cooking,k it is no oil for frying use, it smokes easily), one can also add chicken soup. Chinese/asian base recipe.

Or try this:
In a wok or cast iron pan, cut onions and stir them in peanut oil just until they start to turn brown. Add Ingwer as you like, but at least use some Ingwer. Immediately add spinacci (else Ingwer turns brown, and that is no good), if frozen a pack of around 300-400 gr, complete leaves (important!!), no cut spinnaci. Stir like crazy in hottest oil for around 2 minutes. Constantly stir stir, stir, stir, until it turns to chnage cokour to dark. Add a sauce of 3 TS Chinese/Japanese soy sauce (no sweetness, no Indoensian sauce), 3 TS of strong salty chicken soup, stir for another two mionutes, then spoill some sherry over it, and leave it for another 30 seocndsal. Then serve with white rice.

Thats an simple original Chinese recipe. Beside pizza spinacci, this is my favourite way to eat spinacci. Usually I do not even like like spinacci! But for this dish I kill.