View Single Post
Old 10-05-19, 01:05 PM   #1
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0
Default Simple(?) Donation NARHWAL MOD question

I have downloaded the Donation NARWHAL and started a campaign with it and am enjoying it very much. The team that put it together did a top notch job, it's a beast of a boat, and those two 6' guns with their high cycle rate are extremely fun. The one thing that I am having difficulty with is the very slow speed and horrible fuel mileage. I was wondering how difficult/easy it would be to just change, or maybe just fine tune the speed settings and fuel usage rate. Is it a relatively easy straight forward thing to modify, or am I entering a potential mine field of problems that I would be creating for myself? I know I recently downloaded a program that I know you guys use to MOD files that you can't MOD with Notepad, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called or where I put it on my computer. So if someone could tell me what program to download and use to edit the necessary files that would be appreciated.

Never mind, I found it. S3D - Silent 3ditor

If someone could point me in the right direction of where and how to change the speed and fuel usage rate that would be great. I don't want to radically change the Donation NARWHAL, I just basically want to give her a newer faster and more fuel efficient pair of engines. I know in real life that some time in 1942 or early 43 the NARWHAL was given newer engines that where less problematic, so I guess this is what I would be doing as kind of a what if the new engines where two or maybe three generations better then the last.

Something just occurred to me. Do I still need the permission to make this change from the guys that made the Donation NARWHAL even if I am doing it just for me and my own game play, and not to be uploaded as a mod to be used by other people. I have read threw the FAQ and there does not appear to be an answer to this one way or the other. I do not want to do anything that would be inappropriate or rude.

Any and all help would be appreciated and thank you for your time.
-StealthRabbit

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 10-05-19 at 05:38 PM.
StealthRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote