View Single Post
Old 04-03-19, 10:40 AM   #267
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Getting better. My second patrol saw combat I survived somehow but ended in another muffed landing while I struggled for a better view.

The third patrol saw no combat and crappy weather. I almost have a handle on staying in formation but it's difficult to keep an eye out for enemy patrols at the same time. I made a proper landing for once.
Sorry to say that I cheat a lot. I programmed both Autopilot functions into my Joystick and until I absolutely need to fly the plane I let the AI Pilot do the hard part while I look around. Of course my current date is April 1915 so the chance of running into an enemy plane is very low, and running into one that is armed is practically zero.

As for landings, well...I've figured out how to reinstall careers when the game kills me for its own reasons, such as the Stick going wonkers, but I did lose the one pilot I left dead when I was so worried about hitting the hedge at Chocques that I didn't see the tree ahead until it was far too late. I deserved to lose that one.