Old 05-12-21, 07:42 PM   #1057
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I am looking at:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Soviet Fanboi View Post
I used Multi SH4 to create a seperate Save file. And what is this LAA thing?
and answering:
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
LAA = Large Address Aware, and is a "flag" that gets set on a 32-bit application that shows Windows that it can address a larger address area. Boring, technical info is here at Large Address Aware. CapnScurvy did a TEC write-up here on SubSim about his experience with Windows 10 64-bit installation, installing SH4, applying mods and using LAA in Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install. He has links to what he used there (LAA), which uses an dotNet interface that might also have to downloaded. Then there is the NTCore version 4Gig Patch, as well as a quickie that Jeff-Groves did a while back, but I cannot find it again... sigh - I'm getting old and losing things - besides my mind...
as for:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
...Could be they got a bad download copy of the patch.. to who knows what of it not patching as it should when they ran it, for any # of reasons.. again, supposition, not having been there when they set everything up...
I would be more inclined to suspect an SH4.exe that is write-protected, or if using the Windows GUI (A Soviet Fanboi), right-click on the SH4.exe and choose "Properties" from the bottom of the context menu, and on the first "General" tab showing from that, under the "Attributes" section, be certain that the "Read-only" tick box is cleared. Then LAA or NTCore 4Gig Patch should take. I do not remember if the NTCore applet throws an error for you or not, but LAA for certain does not. You have to open it again to look-see what happened.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote