View Single Post
Old 04-23-21, 07:57 AM   #5836
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowssapma View Post
Made it to the end of the war. Wanted to see what would happen. Anti-climatic LOL. On my 8th and final patrol, I didn't get any credit for a couple of ships sunk, but the final tally was nice: 288,614.

Strengths: The Type XXI is a beast and I felt very confident with it. Was able to evade easily; even up to 4 destroyers actively pinging. Almost got to Grid AM68 when an unfortunate game crash sent that save to Davy Jones' Locker.

Weaknesses: Convoys. I don't know what I'm doing. I have tried to attack on the side, but get noticed and attacked. I tried to sneak in the middle and same result. VERY limited on getting any shots off, so I resorted to picking off single and double merchants. A man can make a living doing that and sleep in his bed, but what fun is that?

***EDIT***

Forgot to add a couple of things. First, my renown stunk because I sunk a hospital ship. Didn't know I wasn't supposed to LOL. I was afraid I would end up in Nuremberg, but SH3 Commander eased my fears: After the war Erwin Köhler served from 1953 to 1956 in the naval arm of Bundesgrenzschutz (Federal Frontier Guard), then transferred to the Bundesmarine. He was then commander of several naval bases, including Kiel, Cuxhaven and Wilhelmshaven. In 1966 he retired. He died on 1 May 1987 in Bad Schwartau.

Which Mod are you using?