View Single Post
Old 07-22-05, 08:01 PM   #82
Average Joe
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I don't think the IXD2 had self-destructing radar. I know my choice of wording may have eluded to it, but I'm just not sure. I'm using the IXD2 in a career, but have only got the sonar destroyed message
(S-Gerat).
Hi Syxx_Killer,

Yes, with the IXD2, that is what I see too; S-Gerat Sonar-destroyed, no problem with Radar.

I'm glad you posted about it, because I just don't see that initial text-message ('sonar-destroyed') when starting a patrol with IXD2. After you mentioned, then I checked and found it shows as 'destroyed', in the sub-compartment display.

Quote:
Getting the sonar destroyed message, and consequently, the destroyed sonar only affects you ability to ping a contact.
If you're talking about pinging for range(?) I don't see this problem with the IXD2. I can ping a contact and receive proper range. Like you, not too often used, but it does seem to work.

Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible! ) all equipment seems to function on the IXD2, even though sonar is destroyed. Then again I don't get that initial text-message (though I see it with XXI or VCII/42 subs).

p.s. Hope you don't mind my quoting only part of your reply.