AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
First impressions. Liked the look of the captains quarter, had fun viewing the IDX. Go on deck, massive FPS hit. Was pretty close for me earlier, but 25-30 frames was easily playable. Now its 12-18
I'm guessing you were in the harbor with all the traffic..
Spot on Warhawk, I spawned at sea, but land was clearly visible. Was in such a hurry to dig through game files (exit game /data/yummy files) I never went to sea

Yea, Harbours are nice, but to honest, I always spawn outside them and never cruise in to see one. Harbour usually = shallow water on patrol. We all know what shallow water means!!!

EDIT: Still get fps hit at sea. As low as 12 frames on the deck, as low as 16 viewing from free camera looking at the ship. As low as 16 viewing the sub under water also. So in effect, a 5-9 fps decrease. Now heres the odd part, looking at merchants and traffic is normal, in fact probably 4-5 frames more than before! It is ONLY when viewing the German IDX (have not tried another German sub). On the upside, I get better frames INSIDE the IDX than a fleetboat. In the fleetboat radar room I would drop to about 15 if looking north to south. In this IDX I get 35-40!

It is clear there has been a general performance tweak, theres just something odd about external view of a German sub.

Did everyone else gasp with exasperation at how fast the IDX dives!!

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."

Last edited by AkbarGulag; 03-01-08 at 12:21 AM.
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote