View Single Post
Old 02-29-08, 08:37 PM   #18
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
Really. In my own (and most other cases I've heard) we seem to have got an FPS boost outside. :hmm:

Check your drivers again perhaps?
Yea, thats the impression I got also. I got no idea. Not even sure my graphics card is able to get drivers anymore. Being an intel driven Ati card.

Another thing I noticed, the campaign layers for the expansion, specifically the air layer, have 8 times the detail and effort of the entire American campaign. The American campaign in now truly the poor brother of SH4.

The upside is, the developers have used historic names for all the airbases in the expansion. So borrowing form the U-boat missions will be a priority. In fact, we may as well chuck out the old aircover (IJ) from SH4 and import the new one onto the original campaign. Even the allies now have aircover from Pearl all the way to the suez, including dedicated Carrier groups patroling the Indian ocean. They even used waypoints to build this up as a patroling feature, very unlike the American Campaign. Where waypoints just arent in there for the campaign at all.

I thought the release notes here said 14 new aircraft (typo, must have been addition number 14?). It isnt, it's about 3. Upside is NZ finally got the boats it should have, they even gave us a plane as well ^^

The time and effort for the addon is far greater than that of the American Campaign, so in that respect, the addon deffinately gives you bang for buck

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote