View Single Post
Old 03-15-24, 08:48 PM   #1
boonie
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0
Default problem with manual TDC in FOTRSU

hi,
i got the itch for some ship violencing recently and so i installed sh4+fotrsu from fresh. i was doing the tutorial for the 'manual tdc 90degree EZ' and discovered that no matter how carefully i do the manual data input, the stadimeter will always give me a wrong result, typically the main problem is it always give me a range that is like at least 1-2km further that where the actual ship is. and this always leads to the system getting the estimated speed at least 1-2 knot higher making it fail unless u are in extreme close range like less than 1.5km.

is this working as intended? or did i miss sumthing during installation? its a fresh sh4 install. i installed just the fotrsu without the additional stuff provided in the download page, did the LAA and even got the museum running.

oh and also ship id manual does not give the length of the ship.. so i cant use the 'time it took for ship crossing the hairline in periscope' method to estimate the speed so it kinda make the whole thing a bit too frustrating to aim properly..

Last edited by boonie; 03-15-24 at 09:13 PM.
boonie is offline   Reply With Quote