View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 03:58 PM   #28
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Yeah man, why not? People thought me daft for building a smuggling Orca

But I love it.

Experiment all you can. But you know, this is why Coriolis is so useful. Engineering mats are Elite's true currency, and it can be costly to engineer mistakes. Coriolis lets you build it all before spending the mats.

One way to mitigate this is to own ships that share core module class. Like a Krait II and a Python, or a Courier and an Eagle/Viper. Now you can engineer one module, but swap it between ships for testing purposes.

In case you were not aware, Felicity sells a special set of thrusters called Enhanced Performance. Perfect for small ships like Courier, Eagle, Viper. They have much higher performance but a much lower optimal mass. But if you can build the ship within the limit it's a big performance boost. This is what you want to use in your drag racer Viper. Check my Courier, which uses these

Velocity Courier -- Speed Demon / Bounty Hunter

It could be much faster, I had top boost speed at 850 at one point. But I wanted to use it for bounty hunting and as I added weapons and protection the speed came down. Still very fast and a lot of fun to fight in. I black out all the time from the G-Loc lol. 785 boost.

And my iEagle, which I use for wake scanning, canyon joyrides and just faffing about. 820 boost.

Smokeless Imperial Eagle -- Wake Scanner / Canyon Racer

Last edited by Threadfin; 01-20-21 at 08:01 PM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote