View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 11:08 AM   #19
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

I probably need to work out how to build my own button box(es). A quick calculation tells me a full virpil setup with dual sticks will cost me more than 2000 euro. Doable but not in one go, that's for sure.

Really appreciate those links! They're gold.

Like I mentioned, I am working up the money for an asp explorer for deep exploration far away from the bubble. I've gathered that "range" is essentially 2-fold: One is the jump range but equally important is endurance, in lack of a better word: The range via multiple jumps before refuelling is necessary. That, I believe, is a function of fuel tank size, fuel consumption in normal flight/supercruise as well as ship mass in fuel calculations for single jump range. I haven't looked at distances near the edge of the galaxy, or what kind of stars I will find there but I think, I believe, that if I trade off some single jump distance for increased endurance, I will get further out to find scoopable stars far out there. The big question is then how should I split capabilities between these 2 different measures of range.

Last edited by Von Due; 01-20-21 at 11:24 AM.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote