Old 03-15-11, 10:17 AM   #13
Tom
Gunner

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi Stiebler,

What a good news! Thanks for more this great mod!

I can't test it now but just few comments on the Utanker functionality - is't possible to add just one torpedo (or a random number from 0 to 3) when "docking at a utanker? Also could be possible to go ahead a random number of hours (let's say 1 to 7 hours for example) to simulate the time expent on the milkcow? If possible these two random functions will add even more to realism and uncertanty to the game!

I agree with the torpedo idea, that would be great.

As for the time delay, my suggestion is to find the milkcow and then spend the six hours or so beside it before actually docking to it.

This way you can, in addition to simulating the time spent, also simulate the risk of being spotted while refueling and reloading. If an enemy spots you during the time you wait, you have to start all over again after the enemy has departed (or was destroyed).

You might also consider a few minute delay before moving or diving if spotted, to simulate the need to cut the fuel lines between the boats first.

Finally, thank you Stiebler and H.sie for coding all these wonderful realism fixes for our enjoyment. The time and effort you've put into this is very much appreciated.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote