Old 11-03-08, 06:47 PM   #6
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
Eh, I don't mind maybe going to two.

Looks like a missile about to hit a Warehouse in Sub Command. (could just as easily be DW, same graphics, but I guess I gotta choose one)
He who dares, wins.

It is Sub Command, good call, Molon. I'm impressed.

From the review:

Quote:
When players of 688(I) argued that the campaign was too rigidly scripted, Sonalysts listened. Sub Command missions are scripted but they offer a wide range of randomness and variety. Producer Kim Castro says that a campaign needs direction to be something more than a series of "go hunt" missions. There's no way to accomplish that without some prepared mission design. But scripted does not have to mean playing the same mission with the same ships in the same places. A big part of a nuke subsim is detecting and performing Target Motion Analysis (TMA) on contacts. Sub Command scenario design allows for dynamic groups, probability of inclusion, and random placement. So the mission you play once could have a whole new set of ships and subs, each with different goals and ROE, in vastly different starting locations. You won't know where, who, or what as you replay the mission.
Sounds like it will be time for Mystery Subsim #9, soon.

Neal

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 11-03-08 at 06:48 PM.