View Single Post
Old 07-12-19, 03:12 PM   #11
Fidgety
Mate

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

"On the bright side, I'm also confident I can use manual TDC now with just a little practice"

Once you have done a few manual TDC and you feel confident, Just add one new thing to how you set up on each attempt. Like for instance keep your real nav turned off but practice ranging your target with the RAOBF wheel while you wait for the ship to get into your firing sight. You can mess around knowing you are going to sink it anyway.

Once you are feeling confident enough I highly reccomend learning the 4 bearing method. Its great for immersion and will teach you how to drop a target without ever having to surface and you dont even have to look at the target.

As said above by OP, Danzig bay starting mission can be a little tricky and I would suggest not learning the 4 bearing method on this mission. If you set up a 30km ring with the compass and sit outside danzig port waiting for merchants to come in and out of danzig bay, you might get frustrated with it not working. This is because ships leaving port will make numerous course changes untill they get on a solid course out at sea. You can be left scratching your head as to what went wrong if you didnt know that the ship has made a slight course change half way through your map work.

Go for it man, learn the 4 bearing method, it will make you feel great.
Fidgety is offline   Reply With Quote