View Single Post
Old 01-16-16, 11:39 AM   #198
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

I've begun sketching up plans for this "test/demo mission" in my notebook and may get started as early as monday blocking it in and re-doing the game logic.

Start in first person mode aboard a sub, asked to drive the tug as the captain is out and the SS-1 has got to get to the drydock for repairs.

Your mission is as follows
  1. Enter Crane 1 and drop crate of naval rope on deck of tug tied off at 180d at dock 2
  2. Exit Crane 1 and Enter Tug 1, first officer will talk you through the controls and notifys you it needs fuel since this is a heavy haul and the weather is a little choppy even inside the sea-walls.
  3. Radio the captain and skeleton crew of the SS-1 to make sure you can use their maneuvering capabilities since this is a tight squeeze and youll have to back or push her in to the dry dock.
  4. Pilot tug to fueling station and moore up then connect fuel lines, fuel up 1500 gallons, while its fueling go into the dry dock and open the roof doors so you can load stores into SS-1 afterwards and open the dock doors to flood the dry dock.
  5. Disconnect fuel lines to tug 1 (overfuelling or spilling is a XP penalty), let go of mooring and tie up to SS-1
  6. Radio captain to un-tie SS-1 and keep the tension meter low so the lines dont break to her
  7. Using radio to captain of SS-1 and your power manuever her to the door of dry dock where you can see if she can back in aft-first otherwise un-tie and push her in straight, a meter showing your degrees will show and +/-15 degrees causes a fail
  8. Radio captain of ss-1 to moore up and tie the tug up and get off.
  9. Go into dry dock and close the doors and start pumping the water out, dont let the pumps run dry for too long if you forget, a heat meter will appear (XP penalty)
  10. enter crane 2 and load stores for the short trip ss-1 will be taking to be outfitted for after-war service.
After that I want to come up with some sort of gameplay and story as you how you might become the captain of SS-1 or at least FO. Dont want to make palyers climb the ranks but I want to allow them to take control of any station they want if so desired at any time.

The results of the code that I'm going to try to port over to UE4 except using the OpenStreetMaps API to build the real world.

Last edited by nsomnia; 01-16-16 at 11:55 AM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote