View Single Post
Old 01-23-21, 02:47 AM   #29
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

I actually very rarely drink coffee and haven't drunk it as regular habit for 30-35 years; my mother used to give me a cup of coffee of two with breakfast before school since she thought it was easier to just give me what she was having than go to the trouble and/or expense of providing something else (the caffeinated effects on my behavior in school must have been a treat for the nuns); as I got older, into my teen years, I darnk large quantities of coffee and, as I started playing in clubs and hanging out after closing in coffee shops and the like, I really consumed a lot of the stuff; it didn't help that there were several places, like IHOP, where, if you asked for coffee, they didn't just bring you a cup of coffee, they brought you a full carafe of it; I finally got to the point where I was pretty much fed up with the taste of it and switched to various teas; I did manage to get my morning jolt of high caffeine by drinking a cola in the morning, followed by a few later in the day; I would sometimes get disapproving comments from co-workers who would say things like, "how can you drink that so early in the day?'; I would them point out that the coffee they drank was little more than water, caffeine, and sugar, pretty much an accurate description of cola...

<O>