View Single Post
Old 10-04-09, 09:49 PM   #86
Bleser
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I fear you are betting your 100 bucks on a dead horse whose meat is already rotten.
But that's just it - I'm not "betting" - the product I have, as is, with no further development, is worth over $100 in my book. There are no bugs I've run into that cause any real heartache, and I'm sure with time I'll learn the mission editor and create or alter my own missions in the future for added replay-ability. I knew going into it that there would be no support but I don't care - it hasn't been a problem.

Quote:
Interest also is thin, to put it polite. Some enthusiasts will mabye add this or that small cosmetic change, but a complete overhaul is very unlikely, even more so since the copyright also is not invalid but still protected, and will not be abandoned for another couple of years.
Yes, interest is thin, but with such a specific genre/timeframe, that is to be expected. I'm use to playing games that none of my friends care about. No multiplayer out there, but oh well, I enjoy the single player too much anyway.

Quote:
Don't hold your breath for TvT, dude, chances are you will run out of air anyway. And for 100 bucks, since you mentioned that number, you can already get SBP (around 90 Euros). And now that is where you get simulation quality and ongoing first-class support, really.

Don't get me wrong, if you spend your money and you like the game, good for you, and this is not to talk you into a depressive mood, but to save you from disappointment. I bet 99:1 that what you hope for simply will not happen.

Everybody else: better think twice before investing your hard-earned money here. Consider that many people both with Vista and XP reported to have been unable to even run the game, both in SP and MP. There have been a very damn lot of complaints.
I'm not sure what you're trying to pound home here. I'm not "holding my breath", DUDE, for anything. My ROI has already paid off - I don't need any further updates or development. I don't need an overhaul. I'm sorry if I mislead you in this direction with my post, but I did not mean anything like that. I simply love the product I have in hand and it will always be a sim I re-visit with each hardware update I buy and I'll play every mission again and again to re-live the stunning visuals, sound, and physics that this game delivers.

TvT has its place for WWII German/Russian armor war fans and always will. There is hardly anything that even holds a candle to what it delivers. I hope others are enjoying it as much as I am!
Bleser is offline   Reply With Quote