Old 08-22-22, 08:17 AM   #6298
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default On B.d.U.-Staff in Paris, Avenue Maréchal Maunoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Started new career in August 2019 to commemorate the beginning of WWII, 80 years before ...

++++++

KTB - U 113

Sunday, 24 May 1942 - Lorient

Awards & Promotions:

The Commander is being promoted to Korvettenkapitän, and will take over as 1. Admiralstabsoffizier operativ (A I op) 'Geleitzugs-Asto' (convoy staff officer).

The XO, Ob.Ltnt.z.S. Rainer SCHEUFLER was promoted to the Commander of U 113! He also received the Iron Cross 1st Class & U-boat War Badge!

The II.W.O., Ltnt.z.S. Jakob APPELT, and Chief QuartermasterOtto TOTENHAGEN, also, received the Iron Cross 1st Class!

The L.I., Ltnt.-Ing. Fritz FRIEDERICHS, was awarded with the German Cross in Gold!

The No.1 Boatswain's Mate 2cl. Leo ALBRECHT, the No.3 Coxswain Werner KIRCHHOFF, the OMasch(D), Chief Machinist Mattheides ROHDE and the OMasch(E), Machinist Kurt MARKS, were awarded with the Iron Cross 2nd Class!

The A/A Mate Philipp HARTMANN, was promoted to Boatswain's Mate 2cl. and awarded with the U-boat War Badge!
The two Seaman 1cl. Gustav CLAUSEN and Ebe FISCHER, were both promoted to Leading Seaman 1cl.

The No.1 Boatswain's Mate 2cl. Leo ALBRECHT, the A/A Boatswain's Mate 2cl. Philipp HARTMANN, the Fireman 1cl.(DBb) August EPPEN, the two Seaman 2cl.(T) Günther HANSEN and Ernst THOMSEN, the two Seaman 2cl.(Radio) Alfred EULER and Ernst RAHN, and 18 further enlisted men, were awarded with the U-boat War Badge!

The crew is given leave of 6 weeks at home, in 2 shifts of 3 weeks each.

Fourth war patrol with U 113 and 16th war patrol overall completed.

RST
KvtKpt.&Cmdr.

Started new career in August 2019 to commemorate the beginning of WWII, 80 years before ...

+++++++

Wednesday, 01 July 1942 - Paris

Taking up my new post on the B.d.U.-Staff, as 1. Admiralstabsoffizier operativ (A I op) 'Geleitzugs-Asto' (convoy staff officer).

During the month of May, the enemy had started to adopt the convoy system along the East Coast of the U.S.A. and in the Gulf of Mexico, and as of this month, also, in the Caribbean.

Saturday, 4 July 1942

Boats are free to engage Brazilian shipping.

Allied convoy PQ-17 is attacked by 24 He 111 aircraft of German Luftwaffe unit I./KG 26 about 60 miles north of Bear Island (Bjørnøya), Norway.

British RAF's third 1,000-plane raid targets Bremen, Germany, causing considerable damage to the city and the Focke-Wulf plant.

While the Soviet 5th Guards Tank Army has been moved to Voronezh, Russia to aid the city's defense, Adolf Hilter diverts the German 6th Army toward Stalingrad.

Axis tanks continue the attack on Ruweisat Ridge near El Alamein, Egypt, making little progress; British aircraft fly 900 sorties on this day against the Axis offensive. The Allies, believing the Axis forces have lost their initial momentum, launch a limited offensive with elements of the South African 1st Division and New Zealand 2nd Division toward the Ruweisat Ridge.

Sunday, 19 July 1942

B.d.U. withdraws the last two boats from the U.S.A. East Coast.

99 British bombers (40 Halifax, 31 Stirling, and 28 Lancaster) are launched to attack the Vulkan submarine yard at Vegesack district of Bremen, Germany; most bombs miss the shipyard; 3 bombers are lost.

The Soviet 66th Naval Rifle Brigade arrives at Stalingrad and is assigned to the Soviet 64th Army.

British cruisers HMS Dido and HMS Euryalus and four destroyers bombard Mersa Matruh, Egypt.

General Walther von Brauchitsch is awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of the Cross of Liberty of Finland.

RST
KvtKpt.& A I op
(Geleitzugs-Asto)

Last edited by Kapitän; 08-22-22 at 03:36 PM.
Kapitän is offline   Reply With Quote