Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 06-04-14, 12:57 PM   #107
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I started to kind of liking the new scoring system, which motivates you to buy new weapons, yes - but also it forces you to consider your callibre more according to the prey. If you fire too huge callibres at too tiny animals, they will not run away anymore, yes - but the score will suffer from the trophy getting ruined. You want to kill with the smallest callibre to not ruin the trophy, but also you do not want to always search the dead animal for minutes and minutes. Hm... Think I need that Blaser R8.

Before, there was no reason NOT to always pick the biggest Ballermann you owned. Now, you need to choose. I actually have started to use the smaller callibre rifles that I got for free with my German DVD special edition in 2012 ("2013"), and which I never had used. Now I do.

Some of their settings for ethical hunting however are counter-intuitive to the above. Why they thiunk they mjust make such a decisive difference between Coyotes and Foxes, I cannot understand. The weapon matching the one should also match the other, they are not that different in size, aren't they. But okay, it is a game.

The air gun is a nice toy, too. If being shot at longer distances (~ 100m), it does not spook animals, like bows, misses also do not autoimatically spook the target animal necessarily. Also, the scope at 70-120m already needs to get used to the way how to use the markings for different ranges, the ballistics are much more obvious than with the normal rifles. Going after rabbits with it, is a new game. Those little stinkers are party-poopers when it comes to spotting them in the high grass. I swear I heard them laughing about me.