View Single Post
Old 01-11-11, 12:08 AM   #553
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Hi, Sailor! Where can I download sounds for fanfares???
Hi yourself! There was a fanfare mod out there with about 40 of them. I only used 25 because they were modern recordings that sounded real and in-your-face. The others were old scratchy records, and when the band played them they sounded like old scratchy records.

I'm not sur if that mod is still around, but I'll be glad to put up the 25 I have as a separate file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun
Hey, that's MY line!
Ah, one can only dream.

Quote:
From there looks like the data is set up the same way as in any JSGME-ready mod, just create the same directory path to the file as exists in the game folder.
Just make sure they're in Commander and not SH3.

Quote:
Except I never would've assumed that the Date\[startdate] folders went in between, but that makes sense, if the feature is just a randomized version of what happens with the Date folders Commander already has.
I wouldn't know one way or the other. I just looked in the directory and typed what I saw.

Quote:
My other question, now that I know for sure this is how it works - say you have 30 loading screens you'd like to randomize, but only 10 dockside marches... would you use 30 numbered folders in the Random directory, and just leave out the .wav files in 20 of them? I guess I'm wondering if the data sets in each folder have to duplicate each other in order for it to work right.
If you leave out the other 20 then two times out of three you'll get the default in-game fanfare. You need to duplicate them into each 10 folders for it to be truly random.

My Loading Screens mod has 100 folders. The 25 fanfares are repeated four times. The three leers are repeated thirty-three times (+1 of course). Other items are repeated as well.