View Single Post
Old 01-10-11, 04:27 PM   #549
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Thanks, Steve, as noted above I don't really care about the loading screens, just trying to figure out how to place any data in the folders correctly. Your explanation helps, looks like the basic function works as I thought, i.e., if you have 25 versions of file 'X' that you'd like to see swapped in and out of the game at random, you need 25 numbered folders within the Random folder, one for each version.

From there looks like the data is set up the same way as in any JSGME-ready mod, just create the same directory path to the file as exists in the game folder.

Except I never would've assumed that the Date\[startdate] folders went in between, but that makes sense, if the feature is just a randomized version of what happens with the Date folders Commander already has.

My other question, now that I know for sure this is how it works - say you have 30 loading screens you'd like to randomize, but only 10 dockside marches... would you use 30 numbered folders in the Random directory, and just leave out the .wav files in 20 of them? I guess I'm wondering if the data sets in each folder have to duplicate each other in order for it to work right.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote